If you have any questions, our nominated Data Protection representative is our Company Secretary. Please do not hesitate to contact our Company Secretary if you have any questions.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by completing our ‘contact us’ forms on our site (www.drs.co.uk). This includes information provided at the time of requesting information or ordering our goods or services. We may also ask you for information when you provide feedback to us about our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- From time to time we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
Were we are able to, we may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes and in order to analyse visits made to our site. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
Security of your personal data
Where we have given you (or when you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain restricted parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet should not be assumed to be totally secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. However, once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your personal data
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service to you.
We may use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and, where you have given us permission, we may contact you about these by post or telephone. We may also permit our affiliates, including suppliers and distributors, to use your data in this way. Aggregate anonymous information about our users is shared with our website agents to assist us with the development and maintenance of our site.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the order form or any other form you complete for us.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the DRS group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 and to those of our employees and agents who administer our accounts, products and services.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties only in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If DRS DATA SERVICES LIMITED or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of DRS DATA SERVICES LIMITED, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time to have your personal data removed or altered by contacting us. Any electronic mailing we send to you will also contain details of how you can unsubscribe your details from any database we hold.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our affiliates including certain suppliers, distributors, trading associates and governing bodies. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 which we are entitled to charge you in order to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
When you visit our website, we may send information to your computer about your visit and this is stored in a small text file called a ‘cookie’. Cookie files contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Our website can access this information (and only this information) on later visits, if your browser permits. They help us to improve our site and deliver a better, more personalised service to you. We do this so we can improve the experience of all users by gathering anonymous information about usage of the website. Typically we might use information to identify popular areas and improve navigation within the website.
All recent versions of popular browsers give users a level of control over cookies. You may delete any cookies already on your computer. You may also disable the cookies we use but doing so may mean you are unable to access all the facilities our site offers. Please refer to your browser’s help files for appropriate instructions.